Friday, May 17, 2013

We are finally moved in...now onto the(very late) garden {edited}

I've been planning my garden since January. And it's been one thing after another preventing me from planting. So now, we have moved into my childhood home, with my grandmother and sister, and are officially setting up our little homestead!

The garden is in progress. I'm using permaculture methods to create a maze in the back yard. The pictures will be coming soon..my camera is dead and I don't have a charger for it, so that will have to wait for a little while, but they are coming for sure!

Things still to do:

  • finish garden; dig sod and get a few loads of manure for our beds in the hugelkutur maze, clear herb garden, order more seeds, design plant layout, plant seeds.
  • sew a tick and get hay bales for our mattress(got the original idea {here} a couple years ago
  • plant hazelnut trees.
  • plant my poor raspberry canes that have been sitting in their pathetic little pots on the porch for weeks :(
  • Email *again* about angora rabbits. We're planning a trip to Victoria in July, so we're hoping to be able to pick a couple up by then.
  • build a mini green house, buy barley seed and reusable containers and start growing sprouted fodder for out rabbits and chickens. You can find more info about that {here}
  • build a new compost bin
  • build a chicken coop.
  • get chickens
  • build fire pit
  • get worm farm prepared
  • source basket willows and mushroom spawn(&order spawn) for next spring
  • fix fence before we get Mike's sisters dog in the summer
  • apply for school and find out about student loans for my Herbalist course. Apply for permaculture course in Roberts Creek
  • Help mike organize his shop
  • Oh yeah! and plan and organize Hallies freaking birthday party!!!!
I have to get felt and make masks, buy seeds and pots and paint for activity, and make a grocery list and get everything I need ready for the cake and treats. And get invitations made and sent out! Her birthday is the 8th of June. I am hoping her party will fall on the 9th.

ugh.. okay so off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment